Saturday, July 14, 2007

More music- today I'm into Led Zep

People who think they know me, but really don't, are always shocked to learn HOW much of a Led Zepplin fan I am. I guess it's the all business, capitalist facade most of them see. Last night going to eat sushi #4 son spotted the Led Zep cd cases and asked if we could listen to them. He asked what my favorite song was. Care to guess? It's not Stairway to Heaven, it's this:



I'm also very fond of this one, it's sounds like they are having so much fun when they play it:


(o.k. I know it's not the best video, but it was the only one with the version from "Led Zeppelin IV")

#4 said his his favorite was "The one where the guy screams 'ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh". I guess that would because it has been used in a couple of kid's movies, including Shrek 3. this is for him:



And this one is Rootietoot's favorite. Probably the richest, deepest (musicly deep, not lyrically deep) song I've ever heard. It ranks close to "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Yeah, I love Zeppelin too. Many evenings I spent at my local rep cinema, watching "The Song Remains The Same".

I notice two of your picks are from Physical Grafitti, an album that doesn't get enough attention if you ask me. I like "Houses of the Holy" too; it's so catchy. "The Rover" is a great song too.

I read somewhere that if you ever get some irritating, fluffy, top-40 song stuck in your head, you can always banish it by recalling "Kashmir". I've tried this, and it really does work.